About Me

My photo
A firefighter's wife and mommy to a 6 year old and 4 dogs. In my free time I like to help inspire others to change their lives both physically and financially.

June 7, 2011

How It All Began

My Quest to a Better Me...

My tales begins in the summer of 2007.  I was in a relationship that turned bad...fast.  Thanks to some supportive coworkers and friends I was able to leave and start a new life, along with my two dogs.  I moved into a new residence and started a new job, but I didn't really know what I was doing nor was I ready to make any decisions.  During one of my late nights staying up way too late I noticed that I kept viewing the same informercial. One night I decided to call that 1-800 number and place an order.  Afterall, it came with the opportunity for me to get my money back...so why not?

That was the late night/early morning that my life began to change.  The informercial that drew me in was for a workout that looked fun, effective, and had good music.  That informercial was for Turbo Jam instructed by an awesome lady named Chalene Johnson.  Chalene and Turbo Jam made me love to workout.  Until I started the program I was never into exercise nor would I stick with something long enough to see results. Not anymore!

After anxiously awaiting its arrival my box finally came in.  I opened it up and started to browse through all of the contents. I reviewed the schedule, took my measurements, and set a start date.  After work I would take my dogs out and then get my Turbo Jam on!  It didn't take me long to become a "Turbo Junkie".

 I came to realize that working out was not only improving my health, changing my body, and helping my soul heal it was also fun which is what was missing from other workouts that I tried.  If I needed to release some stress, I would do my workout and it would help to ease my mind.

Jump to almost four years and 11+ inches total lost later and my life has never been better.  I'm in the best shape of my life and have more confidence in myself.  After acquiring all of the available Turbo Jam workouts I am an official Chalene/Turbo junkie.

At the moment I'm finally completing (after some setbacks around the holidays) my first 20 weeks of TurboFire.  While Turbo Jam made me a believer of at-home workouts and brought me closer to where I want to be, TurboFire has transformed my body.  I am truly amazed at the results that I have seen as I have progressed through the program.

Thank you Chalene Johnson and Beachbody for helping me change my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment