About Me

My photo
A firefighter's wife and mommy to a 6 year old and 4 dogs. In my free time I like to help inspire others to change their lives both physically and financially.

June 14, 2011

My 3 Day Cleanse Experience

After having a week or two of multiple slip-ups with food choices, skipping workouts, and plain laziness I felt bloated and wanted to do something about it to get myself back on track.  The Shakeology 3 Day cleanse came to mind and I thought there was not time like the present to do it.  I decided that I was going to do the cleanse that weekend.  I never had any desire in the past to do a cleanse since I like to eat food and couldn’t think of existing for multiple days living on liquids.  No thank you!  However, I’ve read all these results people have had with the 3 day cleanse, so I thought I’d give it a try.  I drink Shakeology on a daily basis as a meal replacement; usually breakfast.  It tastes good and is very filling.  Knowing this, I knew I’d be able to stick with it and still have energy but also get the nutrients my body would need.

So, why do the 3 day cleanse and what is it exactly?  The Shakeology 3 day cleanse is a program you follow for 3 days which helps to eliminate the body of toxins, chemicals, and any other junk (think of those chips, alcohol, or sweets that you had).  The body will be able to perform more efficiently in the long term.  It is a calorie restricted regimen, but it’s nutrient dense.  During the cleanse one will be “eating” often and consuming between 800-1200 calories daily.  It should not be done any longer than 3 days, due to rise in cortisone levels which will defeat the weight loss aspect.  And you should not do it more than every 3 months.
The cleanse is meant to jump start your fitness journey, break a plateau, help with weight loss (average 3-5 lbs), and decreases belly bloat.  It’s an active cleanse so you can exercise during the 3 days but it should be a lighter workout.  If doing P90X, Insanity, or TurboFire, do the cleanse during a recovery week.
I know what you’re thinking…sounds like any others cleanse.  What makes it standout from others is that the Shakeology cleanse is not a true “cleanse”.  It is a calorie restricted but nutrient dense cleanse.  There are not strange drinks made of maple and lemon or apple cider.  You will have to drink green tea.  Since Shakeology is packed full with nutrients, you will get adequate nutrition.
The cleanse consists of drinking green tea twice a day, drinking 3 Shakeology shakes a day, eating a minimal amount of fruit, and eating a salad with lean, grilled white protein in the evening.  Prior to starting, I ensured that I had all the supplies and psyched myself up.  Keeping in mind that if I wanted the results, I had to stick with it and follow the regimen to a “T”.  I was all set to start on Saturday morning or at least I thought I was.
When I woke up I weighed myself to establish a baseline then I was off to conquer the cleanse.  I drank my green tea while it was not as tasty as my coffee, I enjoyed it.  Then it was time for my first shake.  While I drink the Greenberry on occasion, I stuck with the Chocolate for the duration of the cleanse.  Since I could add some fruit to my morning shake, I went with a banana followed by some fruit for a mid-morning snack being sure to drink lots of water.  At lunch I had some more green tea and a shake sans the fruit.  My daughter loves drinking the shakes too and wanted some but I had to tell her “No!”  She was upset but got over it…hey, this is my lunch people.  She got to eat PB & J and trail mix.  Finally it was dinner time and boy  that salad with grilled chicken never tasted better.  Day 1 was a success – I got this!
Jump to Day 3…I can’t say that I was as excited on the third day as I was on the first but I stuck with it.  While I wasn’t really hungry, I don’t think I’ve thought about food so much and what I was going to eat when I was done with the cleanse.  At this point, it was a mind over matter issue.  I was going to finish partly due to stubbornness.
I did it!  While it wasn’t easy all the time, it was worth it.  I’ve never realized how often I’ll snack unnecessarily or lick my finger when making a PB & J (I caught myself getting ready to do this).  I’m proud that I did this and stuck with it.  When I weighed myself I was down 3 pounds.  Not earth shattering but after all, my goal was to reduce belly bloat; the weight loss was an extra bonus.
My final thoughts on the Shakeology Cleanse are this: If you are looking to lose those last few stubborn pounds, or just want to start new, the Shakeology Cleanse is the way to go! It’s difficult, as any other cleanse would be, but with Shakeology, you know you are getting all the essentials even if you’re not eating full meals! The cleansing process is not harsh, and will not cause you to visit the bathroom often especially if you’re a big water drinker to begin with.  In fact, I went no more than usual!  If someone has never used Shakeology before, they may visit the bathroom more frequently.  I’m very happy with my final results and recommend the Shakeology 3-Day Cleanse to anyone willing to put forth the effort! You will not be disappointed!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.  I also invite you to join my team with a FREE membership at www.coachcandy.com.  On the site, click on the “Join” button and select Free Player membership.  That’s it and we can connect there.  There are also additional food and fitness resources on the page in addition to message boards where you can connect with others too!
If you want more specific information about the cleanse or would like to purchase the Shakeology cleanse pack, send an email to feincandy@beachbodycoach.com with your flavor preference (chocolate or greenberry) and I’ll let you know when I’ll have them ready to send.  Packs cost $45 for the three days.
To learn more about Shakeology go to: www.myshakeology.com/feincandy

No comments:

Post a Comment